With my 19th Birthday coming up in a couple of weeks, I decided I was going to write a little blog post to feed my nostalgia, to allow you to get to know ME more, and just to be a complete goofball. Oh, and because I felt like writing a heartfelt blog post. So there.
Most of you have never met me in person, and only see the things about me that I choose to post about on social media. So i’m gonna be real and open up my heart a bit, so take some time to get to know ME.
So here I am, R A C H E L M E A G A N, a young entrepreneur, a daughter, a sister, a friend, and a life lover.
So a little about me and my story –
I use this to describe myself often, but I feel that it is one of the best statements to define ME.
|| I am a lover of L I F E. A lover of L I G H T. And a lover of L O V E. ||
In my small time here on this planet I have had the opportunity to live a LOT of life. The opportunity to LOVE a lot of people. And to BE the best that I can be. I have been soo blessed in my short little life! I can’t even begin to think about the blessings that I will come across in my next 19 years of life.
I have had the honor to have been given quite possibly the best gift I could ever have been given.
The gift of a P A S S I O N, a P U R P O S E, and a C A L L I N G.
I am even more extremely honored to have been able to walk in that calling at 15 years old, and officially photographing my FIRST wedding when I was 16 years old. This, is one of my greatest achievements. Now here I am, at 19 with just a little under 35 weddings under my belt. Which is ridiculously crazy.
I have the opportunity to be able to love on those around me, through my talents and passion. To show His love in EVERYTHING I do. I have the opportunity to play a part in the lives of the people that have been placed in my life, and do my best to make a difference. To play my part. And what greater way to do that then to bless those who I get the opportunity meet through my business.
And for that, I will ever be thankful for my sweet Heavenly Father for giving me a calling so deep, so early in my life.
My heart is full, my face hurts from smiling, and I am constantly filled with joy. I have a wonderful family who loves me, a Father who is looking out for me even when I don’t deserve it, a passion I can POUR my heart and soul into, and a life, SO | WORTH | LIVING.
I do have a pretty huge announcement, which is wicked cool. So as of May 2015, I will now ONLY be specializing in shooting w e d d i n g s and all that comes with. I’m not taking on any new portrait clients until further notice, and will hold mini-session dates for previous clients in the fall and spring! This is a HUGE jump for me, but I’m looking forward to seeing how much of a better service I can give to my wedding clients with giving them my devoted attention!! I’m also pleased to announce that I have officially hired on my little brother James as my forever second shooter. Together we create a team with a creative eye that meshes together oh so well. I’m so excited for what this next year holds for us as a team!! <3
Just in these past couple of years i’ve walked so many different paths with my business. I’ve been able to create, to adventure, to meet so many amazing humans, all the while being in business for myself. I truly can’t imagine not being self-employed, it’s opened up so many doors and allowed me to live a fuller life. I’m just so blessed to be in this place in my life. And even more so, looking forward to the MANY years of living life in abundance to come!!
I don’t want this to be another “year in review” blog post. So I’m going to continue on with the tradition I started last year by posted “x” number of random facts about myself to look back on in the future to see how much I changed over the years!! So here goes!! In honor of my 19th birthday —
|| 19 Random Facts About Rachel ||
1. I’m a story-teller.
2. I’m 1 of 4 siblings.
3. I have a serious addiction to coffee. Especially a really good pour-over.
4. I live for coffee dates, and getting to know new people and hear their stories.
5. I’m an introvert. (not many people know this about me)
6. I’m a very passionate person.
7. I have a deep love for all things film, especially instant film. I have TONS of polaroids in my keepsake box that I look forward to looking back on in the years to come.
8. I’m a history geek and LOVE learning random facts about history, and hearing from older generations about their upbringings!!
9. I go adventuring any chance I can get. Because I adore making memories with good friends!!
10. I love fresh flowers. and succulents make me happy.
11. I love to travel!! I get to take a 40 day trip to Europe in 2017 and i’m crazy excited.
12. I’m a native southern californian, and moved here to north texas in 2006!
13. I’m a perfectionist.
14. I’m a dreamer, and will forever dream and keep dreaming.
15. I love to make new friends. So you should be my friend. Okay? Okay.
16. I binge watch Netflix while I edit. It’s pretty bad.
17. I’ve watched all of HIMYM, Friends, and Gilmore Girls at least twice. It’s a problem.
18. I’m a hopeless romantic. fitting for my career right?? <3
19. I love Jesus. like a whole bunch. Life without His never-ending love and grace is unimaginable.
So there you are!! Some random facts about me that you could probably care less about. But i’m looking forward to another year full of crazy adventures, and lots more amazing stories to tell.
Also, new headshots. And pictures of my fabulous new second shooter. So i’m just gonna leave these right here. <3