Yeah, here I am blogging a year in review blog post at the beginning of March….I’m just that classy! ;) It’s taken me forever, but i’m so dang excited to share this blog post. Last year was one of my best/most favorite years ever and I couldn’t be more excited to put all of my favorite images + memories down in one place!!
Plus, this is probably going to be the longest blog post in the history of my blog posts. So bear with me.
I don’t even know where to start — 2014 was such a BIG, amazing year for me personally as well as for my business. I’m SOO ridiculously thankful for the constant love and support shown to me by good friends, and precious family, and my over-the-top amazing clients!!! <3
I basically live on cloud-nine all the time. I mean, I have my days, but I am just constantly blown away at the fact that I get to do this job for the rest of my life. I have the chance to meet soo many amazing people, capture their their personalities and the deep love that they share for eachother. AND I get to be apart of the journey that two people are on as they make a life-long commitment to eachother. And for this opportunity I couldn’t be more thankful.
Seriously, this is the stuff that makes my heart soo happy.
And I got to do it ALL year long. <3
Like I said, longest blog post ever, but I’m just soo blessed by what last year held for me. So i’m gonna tell you about it.
With last year being my third full year of business, and my second year of shooting weddings, i’m blown away by my clients, the things I got to do, and the places I got to go because of this job. From my wicked awesome wedding clients, to my fabulous family clients — so here are the stats from 2014!!!
||over the course of 2014 i shot ||
– 72 sessions | including families + portraits
– 15 wicked awesome engagement sessions
– 5 fabulous bridal sessions
– 13 magnificent weddings
I was crazy busy from August to the New Year, buried elbow deep in emails and editing logs but I LOVED every minute of it. Words seriously cannot describe how amazing it is to be able to work with so many clients. I’m just constantly blown away that I get to do this and be a part of so many different people’s lives.
So because of all of my busy-ness I never got a chance to share that I reached almost 85% of my goals for 2014!!! So I want to put share these and you all can rejoice with me at the fact that I reached most of them!!!! <3
|| my 2014 goals list ||
1. Reach 1500 Facebook ‘likes’ (I’m at 729 right now, it’s a big goal but I think it’s do-able with your help!!)
2. Book at least 10 weddings i’m 3 down — 7 to go!
3. Get published in a wedding blog or magazine.
4. Create custom swag bags for my clients that are wicked awesome.
5. Invest in new equipment
6. Add more of my personal life to my Facebook Page and Blog Posts.
7. Create a REALLY awesome behind the scenes portfolio. So you all can get to know the weirdo I am.
8. Start blogging more tips and tricks! Such as helping the day go smoother, creating a better budget, finding the right vendors for you,……
1. As of this moment in February 2015 — I am now at 1,426 organic ‘likes’.
I didn’t quite hit my BIG goal, but i’m pretty dang close. And almost doubling my organic likes that I started with at the beginning of 2014!!
2. By the end of 2014 I had officially booked and shot THIRTEEN weddings.
I took my goal and completely over-shot it!!! <3 And I couldn’t be happier!!
3. I still have yet to get published quite yet, but I’m still working extremely hard to reach this goal!! <3
4. I have the BEST wedding welcome packets ever!!!
Full of yummy goodness and happy little gifts. But it’s contents are a secret for me and my wicked awesome couples.
5. I pride myself on being able to say that I now OWN all of my equipment needed to shoot my weddings!!!!
I can officially say that I now OWN all of the equipment that I need in order to not have to rent equipment for weddings any more!!!! I pride myself on being able to say that I have NO loans or payments on any of my equipment, that i’ve worked extremely hard for what I’ve got and now it’s mine!!!! <3
6. Doing it and love it so much.
Blogging about me. Posting alot of my personal life, plus i’m posting more personal life stuff on my Instagram!!
7. yeah, I have a wicked behind the scenes folder on my computer.
And you can see most of them down below!!! ;)
8. doing my best with this one.
i’ve actually been writing a custom play-by-play wedding information magazine for my bride + grooms. it’s wicked guys. super wicked.
Now what is a completed goals list without creating a new one?! So here it is!!
|| 2015 G O A L S ||
1. Book 20 weddings. As of the beginning of March I already have 14 weddings on the books!!! This is a big one for me that I would LOVE to attain!
2. Reach 2,500 ‘likes’ on my Facebook Page.(At 1,426 right now!!! I’m pretty dang sure I can do it!!)
3. Get at least one session and one wedding published in a wedding blog or magazine.
4. Mentor an out-of-state photographer.
5. Create an experience not a process, like no other for my amazing clients!!
My heart is just so happy and full of love for this past year and this next year to come!
If you have supported me in ANY way, I just want to personally thank YOU for being such an encouragement to me and my work. I wouldn’t be the photographer I am without the love and support I constantly get from those that surround me. It’s hard to believe sometimes that this is real life. <3
So with being nostalgic and everything, i’ve attached down below all of my FAVORITE images from 2014!!!
« || BEST OF 2014 || »
Rachel Meagan is a North Texas Wedding Photographer based in the DFW area. She specializes in photographing ridiculously in-love couples who have a desire to capture that love. Getting Married? Contact her here.